As a result of our growth, we are looking to add exceptional attorneys, accountants, business leaders, and technologists to our team. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Client Services
SRS Acquiom is seeking a Director of Client Services to build and manage our outbound and inbound client support teams. Reporting to our Executive Director and Head of Operations, the Director of Client Services will be responsible for building an unparalleled customer service platform as well as the team that delivers the service through the platform.
This position requires a hands-on, self-motivated, confident and intelligent manager with a strong work ethic and leadership skills. This person should have excellent communications and analytical skills, and have a proven track record of creating and implementing innovative solutions The ideal candidate is a director level employee in their current situation or a senior manager ready to take the next step in their career.
- Lead a team of customer service and technical service representatives in providing exceptional service to our clients and who anticipate client needs (and solve them proactively) rather than acting in a reactive manner.
- Suggest new and more efficient processes and assist in design and implementation of improvements that will lead to a higher level of customer satisfaction.
- Identify current inefficiencies and communicate those to our Marketing, Product Management and Product Development teams to not only streamline and enhance the client experience, but to ensure that we provide better support on every call or email exchange.
- Manage all outbound communications – both electronically and by mail including distribution of monthly client statements, periodic correspondence and ad-hoc communications and other mass-distributed client correspondence.
- Maintain and proactively manage the internal case management system and ensure compliance with all application client communication polices and regulations.
- Ensure all applicable company policies are followed and procedures to meet company standards are in place, ensuring a consistent and quality experience for all clients.
- Effectively handle and defuse escalated issues.
Background and Experience:
- 7-10 years client service management experience including 2-3 years as a director or senior manager of client services. Call center experience preferred.
- Technology-enabled financial/banking customer service experience necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree a plus.
- Proven experience and ability to create meaningful relationships with clients that leads to repeat business.
- Previous experience managing multiple tasks that require a high level of attention to detail in a busy office environment.
- Exemplary organizational skills in fast paced, dynamic environment. Experience working in earlier stage companies a plus.
- Experience in client service organizations that interface with high-powered executives, high net worth individuals and/or sophisticated institutional investors.
- Experience building client service teams supporting online and software-based financial transactions, such as online banking or brokerage services.
- Extensive experience in hiring, building and training a qualified team, implementing written and verbal performance reviews and terminating ineffective staff members.
- Ability to motivate staff members, which includes, but is not limited to, correcting performance issues, and rewarding staff for seeking new ways to improve current procedures.
- Experience in designing processes and client communications that reduce operating costs while facilitating client self-service.
- Familiarity with technologies that can enhance client service levels and/or lower operating expenses.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills driving both internal communications as well as direct interface with our high-powered and/or high net worth clients.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience using and training staff to use sophisticated CRM systems, such as Salesforce.com or Netsuite.
- Macintosh familiarity and experience preferred.
The Product Manager will have comprehensive product management responsibility primarily in the company’s financial products segment. This is a product management position in the financial services industry, as our affiliated companies oversee many banking type functions, including payments, accounts management and reporting (including customer user interfaces), and coordinating with large banks, experienced corporate M&A buyers and their respective legal counsel to facilitate the processing of various payments administration and escrow services on behalf of the principle deal parties and our thousands of shareholder customers. In this area, product management responsibilities will include defining product value-proposition, look and feel, customer experience online and offline, gathering and prioritizing product, customer and partner requirements, working closely with technical personnel to define product and customer requirements and develop fin-tech systems solutions, and ensuring that our new products support our overall business model and vision.
- Own the end-to-end product development process for major product components, features and systems design to ensure long-term product leadership, working with our Technology and Business Development teams to drive rapid release of prioritized product requirements and features.
- In an Agile development environment, act as business product owner and overall project manager for new initiatives.
- Define product features, requirements and pricing with input from stakeholders, ensuring product standards based on customer and regulatory requirements or best practices.
- Drive key decisions on customer experience across multiple customer touch points.
- Identify and pursue partnership opportunities that may enhance product delivery/operations, product sales/marketing or integrated product solutions.
- Assist in vendor selection.
- Monitor and maintain knowledge of competitive offerings and features.
- Understand product P&L and impact on revenue and profitability goals.
- Take input of customer needs from feedback and metrics, along with internal vision, to make informed recommendations on product opportunities and improvements.
- Work with sales and marketing teams to develop product marketing collateral and messaging, and to train and support sales staff.
- Ensure synergy and cohesive approach with the company’s overall product platform.
Background and Experience:
- Several years experience as a Product Manager in the financial services industry (which may include the insurance industry).
- Experience in a fin-tech company selling to banks will be given special consideration.
- Business level understanding of applicable regulatory requirements and security requirements in this area.
- Experience working in an Agile and/or iterative development environment.
- Project management experience coordinating the overall project components of product development initiatives and working effectively with cross-functional teams to drive projects to completion and new initiatives to launch.
- “Roll-up-your-sleeves” entrepreneurial attitude.
- Natural ability to relate to customers, influencers and prospects.
- Minimum requirement of Bachelor’s degree in business, technology or a related discipline.
- Experience in the merger and acquisition industry or banking and corporate escrow and paying agent environment a plus.
Technical Business Analyst/Project Manager
The Technical Business Analyst will work as part of the Technology team to lead requirements gathering and act as the liaison between functional subject matter experts and development teams. You will usher features through all phases of product development with primary responsibilities for project planning, managing schedules, facilitating conflict resolution, identifying and communicating risk, and coordinating tasks within cross-functional development teams.
- Developing action-level user stories for software developers and tracking any additional information required by the development teams to complete their work. Ensure requirements & stories have unambiguous acceptance criteria and test cases.
- Working with internal stakeholders to ensure that projects are scoped properly, committed and handed off seamlessly for execution.
- Handling team scheduling, monitoring team’s performance to ensure individuals meet daily goals, and verifying individual performance by using tracking systems.
- Providing visibility to feature status and escalates issues to senior management, plans and tracks release milestones for feature releases, and works closely with Product, Development, and Quality Assurance management to ensure team productivity.
- Communicating any issues, problems, or additional information to project stakeholders and provide situational recommendations.
- Sharing project progress with company leadership and product owners.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in a project management lead role, preferably within a software development company.
- Working knowledge of both KanBan and Scrum methodologies and Agile PM technique.
- Experience writing testable requirements & user stories for fast-paced agile teams, documenting just enough to help the team quickly deliver high-quality features while providing clients their required traceability and documentation.
- Experience translating business requirements provided by SME’s into traceable system requirements.
- Experience working with agile teams delivering complete user stories including unambiguous acceptance criteria to facilitate quality assurance, and acceptance for continuous product delivery.
- Knowledge and/or experience with a variety of requirements types & formats: Functional requirements, performance requirements, security requirements, use cases, user stories, FDD features, etc.
- Experience working with architects and engineers in evaluation and validation of proposed solutions, data schemas, and features against business requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and critical thinking skills.
- Experience developing software or products for the M&A sector or complex financial and business processes.
SRS Acquiom is currently hiring for a Payments Analyst who will be responsible for interpreting complicated payment and allocation spreadsheets and creating guidelines as well as manipulating data for import into the system of record. This function will drive the creation of standard procedures and perform the duties necessary to distribute proceeds from M&A transactions, including vendor, security holder, and employee compensation payments. Specific functional responsibility includes performing the data capture of payee information and payments instructions, interpreting complex spreadsheets and analyzing same against merger and agreement documentation, ensuring that all payments are accurately processed consistent with the SRS Acquiom service levels and that all recipients receive payment confirmations and year-end reports. This hands-on position is based in Denver and reports to the head of SRS Acquiom Operations.
- Interpreting and auditing payment and allocation spreadsheets, create guidelines for interpretation of data, manipulating data for import to system of record.
- Import and export files for use in system of record (Netsuite) and payment files for use with bank interface.
- Interact with deal contacts such as attorney’s and VIPs from companies to ensure smooth payment experience as needed.
- Create and maintain stats for payment team as approved by Manager for use in company financials to project staffing and income models.
- Perform all functions of payments including but not limited to ACH and wire transfer operations, creation and delivery of files, return payment processing, approval of payments, sales support and support time sensitive, mission critical payment services that must be performed as the deal itself develops.
- Review Letter of Transmittal and other account opening documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Ensure Operations manuals and guidelines are updated and up to date so they can be relied upon for business continuation situations.
- Manage vendor relationships and respond to vendor and shareholder inquiries in accordance with our Customer Service standards
- Support the processing and management of offline dual entry validation to ensure compliance with internal and industry payment protocol.
- Minimum 3-5 years financial operations analyst experience and 1-2 years of payments experience preferred.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and formula writing and interpretation required; VBA experience a plus.
- Knowledge in using sophisticated ERP systems and developing work streams and workarounds to accomplish the desired business task or requirement.
- Comfortable with interpreting payee and payments documentation, especially domestic and international payment instructions.
- ACH and Wire Transfer experience including experience handling returned items.
- Payroll processing knowledge a plus.
- Accredited ACH Professional designation a plus.
- Experience working within a cross-functional and cross geographical environment.
- High awareness of operational risk, critical timelines and of the complex nature of Transfer Agency environment with an ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of the M&A process a plus.
Senior Relationship Manager
Location: Denver, CO
SRS Acquiom is currently recruiting for an experienced relationship manager to handle the day-to-day administration of M&A escrow and payment transactions. This individual will interact with outside counsel, company principals and internal partners (operations, compliance, legal etc.) to onboard new escrow and payment administration appointments and also administer the deals post-closing to ensure compliance with the governing documents. They will be the primary contact for all participants in the M&A escrow and payment transaction. The ideal candidate will be focused on providing a positive client experience and be responsible for generating repeat business.
- Reviews governing documents (escrow and paying agent agreements) and works with internal legal team during the document negotiation phase.
- Collects U.S. Patriot Act/account opening forms and forwards to appropriate parties.
- Requests and reviews payment spreadsheets to ensure all relevant information is provided and forwarding the same to internal operations.
- Reviews completed Letters of Transmittal.
- Updates deal specifics on Agent’s/Administrator’s internal database.
- Fields inquiries from corporate principals, buy/sell-side counsel and major shareholders.
- Confirms deal documents are properly accounted for and loaded into internal database (request executed copies of the governing documents, etc.).
- Responsible for tracking all pending and closed transactions.
- Accompany sales staff on client calls (both existing an new business opportunities).
- Provides detailed reporting to manager concerning number of pending deals, closed deals, outstanding ticklers and other compliance items, and any additional required reporting.
- Reviews payment instructions for escrow releases and another payments not made through Operations for sufficiency and initiates first level payment process.
- Works with Operations when an engagement terminates to either escheat funds or send back to the appropriate party and ensures other account termination activities are completed.
- Minimum 7-10 years experience in banking or finance.
- BA or BS Degree (MBA preferred).
- Top notch Customer Service skills.
- Ability to become a Subject Matter Expert in escrow and payment processes.
- Must be able to work within a group.
- NetSuite experience highly preferred, but not required.
- Series 6 and Series 63 designation a plus.
Senior Business Development Representative
Location: Dallas/Houston or Los Angeles area
SRS Acquiom is recruiting an experienced Senior Business Development Representative to join our Global Business Development team. Reporting directly to the New York based head of Business Development, the primary role of this new employee will be to aggressively drive the new business sales activity in their assigned region and achieve/exceed sales and revenue goals by building and maintaining very strong working relationships with key contacts and intermediaries. The Senior Business Development Representative will lead the partnership amongst clients, marketing, the legal intake team and our onboarding and operations teams to achieve sales objectives by collaborating on solutions for prospect and client needs, determining fee strategy and cross-referring additional products and services. This person should be able to work in a fast-paced environment, work as a member of the team and with a high level of autonomy within his/her sales territory. This position will be based in Texas or the Los Angeles area.
- Liaise with buy-side and sell-side M&A and Capital Markets attorneys within the geographic territory.
- Develop relationships with corporate clients that are serial buyers of other companies.
- Represent SRS Acquiom at M&A related conferences and events.
- Establish and follow a goal oriented sales plan for the geographic territory.
- Contribute to the product development and service infrastructure through provision of regular feedback about the client experience and client needs.
- 10+ years experience in sales, particularly in the legal or financial institutions space.
- Understanding of the mergers & acquisition environment, the key players on both the buy and sell side (attorneys, PE, VC, corporate acquirers).
- Basic knowledge of banking and asset management.
- Ability to understand, communicate and explain the benefits and value behind industry leading products and services.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and communicate the concepts of being a shareholder representative, a reseller of escrow services and paying agent services.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Candidate should be able to work with a high degree of autonomy, be comfortable making decisions with respect to product offerings and respective pricing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think “outside the box” in internal and external problem solving.
- Ability to see “the big picture” with strategic client relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of company staff, including top executives.
Associate Attorney – M&A Attorney Group
SRS Acquiom is currently recruiting an Associate Attorney to join our talented team of attorneys who negotiate and analyze M&A contracts, including formalizing SRS’s engagement as a party to the transactions. The associate must work well both as a teammate within a tightly integrated group and also with a high level of individual responsibility on individual transactions and projects. The ideal candidate can quickly yet carefully review and understand complex agreements, communicate precisely, meet demanding deadlines of international clients and large transactions, and solve problems when unexpected issues arise. The job requires maximum attention to detail and often requires work outside of normal business hours.
- Review and negotiate merger agreements, escrow agreements and other related transactional agreements on behalf of SRS
- Draft and negotiate SRS’s engagement agreements
- Daily direct interaction with target companies, major stockholders, outside counsel, financial institutions and third parties
- Licensed attorney with strong academic record
- 2-5 years general corporate experience with a major law firm, including a minimum of 2-3 years of M&A experience
- Experience drafting and negotiating M&A transactional documents