The Head of Sales is responsible for defining and implementing a growth strategy and the recruitment, training and management of the business development team. As a member of our leadership team, the Head of Sales will partner with the President to influence overall company strategy, product development and relationship development for the company. This person will deeply understand our customers’ needs, effectively work with the business development team to cultivate relationships, determine how the company can best deliver extraordinary value and effectively communicate our value proposition. The successful candidate will also be responsible for growing and nurturing the company brand to ensure SRS Acquiom has an ongoing and widespread reputation for exceptional quality and integrity.
- Lead the global sales organization with employees based in the US, Canada and Israel. Successfully drive value-based sales and business development strategy & execution.
- Collaborate closely with the President and with heads of Marketing, Product Management, HR, and the CFO as a key leader on the executive team.
- Lead the organization’s efforts to develop deep relationships with new clients and partners and influencers while deepening current relationships.
- Build global sales into a high-performing organization by enhancing best practices, managing performance, hiring, and retaining top talent.
- Optimize pricing to maximize revenue in line with business and profitability objectives.
- Deploy tight and consistent sales processes to include reporting, sales operations and quantitative management including sales forecasting, board reporting, metrics, pipeline evaluation, and compensation management.
- Work with Marketing to monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback and insight to the executive management team.
- Manage incentive programs that are aligned with the company’s goals and properly motivate the sales team’s performance.
- Define and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives.
- Develop and manage the sales teams’ budgets.
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners and develop key relationships. This role will require significant travel.
Critical Success Factors:
Strategic Sales Leadership – in an environment where the company is at an inflection point with new products and services that have huge upside potential and a solid historic business, the Head of Sales, will transform and integrate sales functions, establishing a world-class sales operation to achieving significant revenue growth by:
- Identifying new potential clients and markets.
- Setting sales plans that identifies the highest priority targets and strategies to build the franchise.
- Determining optimal sales channels and methods (cold calling, mass marketing, direct sales, etc.) for various segments of the market.
- Establishing and implementing ongoing training and mentoring programs.
- Establishing metrics to measure results.
- Functioning as a change agent, demonstrating his/her ability to uphold the standards consistent with a strong pipeline management system that leverages its own relevant performance data.
- Functioning in a strategic capacity while enforcing tactical team performance issues.
- Building a results-driven culture of accountability and transparency.
- Maintaining an external focus, championing both shareholder interests and focusing on clients in decision-making.
- Exemplifying logic in making decisions based on relevant facts and data.
- Recruiting and developing world-class sales and field marketing leaders.
- Motivating others and recognizing and rewarding effective behaviors and accomplishments of others.
- Creating a positive and success driven culture.
The Candidate Profile:
- Proven track record of building and leading winning global sales teams that regularly exceed quotas.
- Proven success in driving growth with professional services, financial services or relevant industry.
- Success in driving organizational transformation and implementing new processes.
- Track record of driving cross-customer relationships.
- High energy and passion for the job.
- Experienced contributor to company leadership team(s).
- History of delivering accurate, actionable, and accountable metrics-driven sales plans and forecasts that all departments can rely on.
- Strong problem solving and analytical approach.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience in executive-level business negotiations.
- Deep contacts with potential sales candidates.
- Experience successfully working with and coaching different types of sales representatives.
- Significant knowledge of different sales tactics and strategies.
- Experience with sales around new product rollouts and launches.
Interested candidates should contact Brian Schnepff directly by calling +1 312.756.0378, or by email using the link below.
Odgers Berndtson Executive Search is a leading global executive search firm, assisting private and public sector organizations find the highest caliber people for senior management appointments across North America and internationally.
A few benefits our employees enjoy:
- Comprehensive benefit plans (medical/dental/vision) starting on day 1
- 401(k) with 4% matching
- Discretionary time off
- Fitness credit
- Several pre-tax plans (dependent care, transportation, flexible spending)
- Transportation reimbursement
- Benefits reimbursement