Last Updated: December 4, 2018
We appreciate your trust in providing us with your information. Protection of information is our top priority because we want to keep your trust.
We design all of our products and services with data protection in mind. We have dedicated teams who work hard to keep your information safe and secure. We constantly update our security practices and invest in our security efforts to enhance your privacy.
- Our services are not intended for children under 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal data from children under 13.
- To the extent you are deemed under applicable law to have an individual consumer financial product or service with us, we will use and share personal data that we collect from or about you in accordance with our SRS Acquiom Consumer Privacy Notice provided at the end of this policy.
- If you reside outside the United States, you understand that your personal data may be processed in countries (including the United States) where laws regarding processing of personal data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
- If you have questions after reviewing this policy, please call us at 1-800-331-5842 or email us at Privacy@SRSAcquiom.com.
- Data Controller
- Information We Collect
The types of personal data we collect depends on the product or service you use. Some information may be provided by you directly, while other information may be provided to us by third parties involved in a transaction in which you have an interest and that utilizes one or more of our products or services.
The personal data we may process could include but is not limited to your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number(s), investment information, employment information, security holdings, and tax information. We may also collect bank account information, social security numbers, employer identification numbers, and driver’s license or passport information (or comparable) where we believe it is reasonably required for ordinary business purposes.
If you give us permission through your device’s operating system settings, we may also collect additional information such as contacts, text messages, audio files, other stored data, your precise geolocation (latitude and longitude) through GPS or WiFi or your approximate location through your mobile network service provider. The collection of your geolocation may occur in the background even when you aren’t using our services if the permission you gave us expressly permits such collection. If you decline permission for us to collect your geolocation, we will not collect it.
Usage and Other Information
When you visit our websites or use our online services, we may collect and aggregate usage information to help us understand how people view the website so that we can improve its usefulness and value over time. We may also collect data that helps us monitor network traffic and identify unauthorized or unusual activity.
The specific information we may collect includes: the name of the domain and host used to access the Internet (e.g., gmail.com); internet protocol address of the host server; referring page; name and version of the Web browser; date, time and country of site access; internet address of any site viewer used to link to our site; page views and length of time on each page.
If you request materials or send an inquiry, we may collect your name, email address, company name and title, and any other information that you send to us in such communication.
Additional Sources of Information
We may also collect information about you from additional sources, including without limitation, third party sources such as our business clients, government agencies, consumer reporting agencies, and other commercially available suppliers of information. We may combine this information with the personal and other information we have collected about you. When the combined information directly or indirectly identifies an individual, we treat it as personal data.
- How We Use Information
We use the information discussed above in a number of ways, such as:
- Processing and servicing accounts and transactions;
- Verifying your identity;
- Preventing fraud and enhancing the security of your account or our online services;
- Responding to your requests and communicating with you;
- Managing your preferences;
- Performing analytics concerning your use of our online services, including your responses to our emails and the pages you view;
- Providing you tailored content and marketing messages, including information about our affiliates’ products based on criteria provided by our affiliates (our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out”; if you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails, such as emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you);
- Operating, evaluating and improving our business: including developing new products and services; improving existing products and services; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions;
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies;
- For any other purposes that we may specifically disclose at the time you provide, or we collect your information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use data that we collect on an aggregate basis, such that it does not identify any individual customers, for various business purposes at our discretion.
If you provide feedback to us, we may use and disclose such feedback for any purpose, provided we do not associate such feedback with your personal information.
- Legitimate interests: We may use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so. For example, we analyze our users’ behavior to improve the services, to prevent and detect fraud and misuse, and to market new products and services that we think will interest you
- Consent: From time to time, we may ask for your consent to use your information. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at Privacy@SRSAcquiom.com
- Processing is necessary for compliance with any legal obligation to which the controller is subject.
- How We Disclose Information
We may share the information we collect from and about you with our related affiliates and other third parties. For example, we may share your information with:
- Our third-party service providers;
- Our affiliated businesses in an effort to bring you improved service and offerings across our family of products and services, when permissible under relevant laws and regulations;
- Other companies to bring you co-branded services, products or programs, or the offerings of such other companies that may be of interest to you, when permissible under relevant laws and regulations; and
- Third parties or affiliates in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale, consolidation or merger of our businesses.
Applicable law may require SRS Acquiom to disclose your personal data if: (i) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process (such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant) or other legal requirements; (ii) necessary to protect legal rights of SRS Acquiom users, customers, business partners, or other interested parties; (iii) necessary for the prevention or detection of crime. For residents of the European Economic Area, SRS Acquiom will disclose personal data only when permitted to do so under applicable European and EU Member States’ national data protection laws and regulations.
- Understanding Client-Side Storage Tracking Technologies
Client-side storage comprises pieces of information stored directly on the computer you are using. We or our third-party service providers may place cookies, user data, or Flash objects on your hard drive for security purposes, to facilitate site navigation and to personalize your experience.
You may access SRS Acquiom’s Cookie Notice here.
Our Policy On “Do Not Track (‘DNT’)” Signals
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) or similar feature that signals to websites that a user does not want to have his or her online activity and behavior tracked. If a website that responds to a particular DNT signal receives the DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain personal data about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many website operators, including SRS Acquiom Inc., do not respond to DNT signals.
- How We Protect and Retain Information
We use physical, technical and organizational measures designed to protect your information against unauthorized access, theft and loss. We restrict access to your information to those employees who need to know that information to perform their job functions.
Although we take precautions intended to help protect information that we process, no system or electronic data transmission is completely secure. We expect that you will use appropriate security measures to protect the personal information you transmit to us.
You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and the information in your account. We may suspend your use of all or part of our services without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. You understand and agree that we may deliver electronic notifications about breaches of security to the email address on record on your account.
If you believe that your account or information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately at Privacy@SRSAcquiom.com.
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the services);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable considering our legal position (such as, for statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
- Cross Border Data Transfers
- Your Choices About Your Information
Device permissions. Mobile Device operating systems have permission systems for specific types of device data, such as location services, and so-called push notifications. You can change your settings on your Device to consent or decline the collection of data or the display of the notifications, but certain services may lose full functionality when you do. You also can stop all information collection by our mobile application by uninstalling it from your Device.
If you would like to review, correct, update, or delete personal data about you that you have previously provided to us or if you would like to restrict our processing of your personal data or receive an electronic copy of your personal data for purposes of transmitting it to another company (if these rights to restrict processing and data portability are provided to you by law), please contact us using the contact information below.
In your request, please make it clear the personal data to which your request relates and the actions you would like us to take. For your protection, we will verify your identity before fulfilling your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we often need to retain certain data for recordkeeping purposes and our databases and other records may have residual data that we will not remove. We also may not allow you to review or delete certain data for legal, security or other reasons.
If you are an EEA resident, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority about how we process your personal information.
- Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal data about you that we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. To request this notice, please submit your request to Privacy@SRSAcquiom.com. Please allow up to 30 days for a response.
- Links to Other Websites and Services
SRS Acquiom Consumer Privacy Notice
|Facts||What Does SRS Acquiom Do With Your Personal Information?|
|Why?||Companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.|
|What?||The types of personal data we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include, without limitation:
● Government identification numbers, such as driver’s license, passport, visa or Social Security number
● Name, email address, mailing address and telephone number(s)
● Account balances and transaction history
● Bank account information, payment instructions, security holdings and tax information
● Investment information and employment information
You consent to our collection, transfer and storage of information by computers or other transfer or storage devices in the United States and elsewhere when you supply information.
|When?||This Privacy Notice was last modified on December 4, 2018|
|How?||All financial companies need to share customers’ personal data to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information, the reasons SRS Acquiom chooses to share, and whether you can limit this sharing.
SRS Acquiom does not sell personal information.
|Reasons We Can Share Your Personal Information||Does SRS Acquiom Share?||Can You Limit This Sharing?|
|For Our Everyday Business Purposes
Such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
|For Our Marketing Purposes
To offer our products and services to you
|For Joint Marketing With Other Financial Companies||Yes||No|
|For Our Affiliates’ Everyday Business Purposes
Information about your transactions and experiences
|For Our Affiliates’ Everyday Business Purposes
Information about your creditworthiness
|No||We Do Not Share|
|For Our Affiliates to Market to You
To offer their non-financial products, or financial products not involving personal credit or personal insurance
|For Our Affiliates to Market to You
To offer personal credit or personal insurance products to you
|For Non-Affiliates to Market to You||Yes||Yes|
|To Limit Our Sharing||If you prefer that we limit sharing with affiliates or nonaffiliated third parties as described above, you may opt out of those disclosures as follows: call 303-222-2080 OR email us at email@example.com.
Please Note: If you are a new consumer or customer, we can begin sharing your information 30-days from the date we sent this notice. When you are no longer our consumer or customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice. However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
|Questions?||Call 1-800-331-5842 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Who We Are|
|Who is Providing This Notice?||SRS Acquiom Inc. and the affiliated family of SRS Acquiom companies comprised of our U.S. legal entities with an SRS or Acquiom name.|
|What We Do|
|How does SRS Acquiom protect my personal information?||To protect your personal data from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. We endeavor to limit personal data access to only employees, agents and representatives that need to know, and we require companies that work for us to protect your information.|
|How does SRS Acquiom collect my personal information?||We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
● Request or receive payments in connection with an acquisition transaction
● Submit information to us on letters of transmittal or other forms and by other means
● Use our online sites (for example, to complete a transaction, manage your accounts, or provide your preferences)
● Use or request other products or services from us
We also collect your personal data from others, such as credit bureaus, government, affiliates, or other companies.
|Why can’t I limit all sharing?
|Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
● Sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes—information about your creditworthiness
● Affiliates from using certain of your information to market to you (unless such affiliates have a preexisting business relationship with you)
● Sharing for non-affiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
|What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?||Your choices will apply to everyone on your account.|
|Affiliates||Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. Our affiliates include companies with an Acquiom or SRS name, including financial or insurance companies such as Acquiom Financial LLC and Acquiom Insurance LLC, and non-financial companies such as Shareholder Representative Services LLC.|
|Non affiliates||Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. Nonaffiliates we share with can include financial services companies and nonfinancial companies such as lifestyle products and services companies and membership clubs.|
|Joint Marketing||A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you. Our joint marketing partners can include financial service companies and insurance companies.|
|Other Important Information|
Our website may be linked to or from third party websites. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of websites that are linked to or from our website.
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Notice. You can get updated Privacy Notices by visiting our Website at www.srsacquiom.com.