Technology M&A deals continue to be a significant share of the M&A market, and while somewhat subtle, there are noticeable trends and differences compared to all deals. This report takes a detailed look at the SRS Acquiom 2022 Deal Terms Study data for those deals with a private U.S. tech-company target.
Tech M&A deals mostly align with the trends across all deals reflected in our data, although there are some notable differences including:
- Analysis of buyer types in the Tech M&A space versus the broader M&A sector
- Tech M&A deals transaction values and returns on equity capital invested compared to all deals
- The percentage of Tech M&A deals that used buyer equity
- The number of 2021 Tech M&A deals that included an earnout and custom earnout metrics
- Comparison of Tech M&A “walk away” or no survival deals versus all deals
- Tech M&A deals that included a termination fee
Download the study below.